Unit 15: Tool Review and Project Update

Tool Review: Storybird (https://storybird.com/)

I reviewed the Storybird site to assess its usability, usefulness, and features.  Storybird offers art and reader inputs to inspire and help writers.  Artists can create accounts to submit work for use by the writers as inspiration and to populate their stories or books.

Storybird plans a Promotion and Publishing feature for its popular users, and to help monetize their works.

This seems like an interesting approach to create a creative community, but I am not sure if you need to sign up for art to get inspired (that could just be me).  Browsing the internet, a museum, or a gallery may have the same effect.  It also seems geared more towards children's books and poetry.  This site is interesting, but I don't think it fits my interests or goals.  That said, I do seem some users and communities that could benefit from this approach and collaborative support.

Project Update

No significant changes from my last post. The bulk of the photos and digital artifacts are uploaded, I just need to clean up the layout and add text/captions and citations.  Figuring out the best layout and tool/app were the hardest parts as I enjoyed doing the research.  The ArcGIS Storymap tool is useful for visuals, and its somewhat intuitive and straight forward after some practice.  You just need to find a model that meets your needs and then play with it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grateful Dead and Digital Audio/Video

Important discovery about Harpers Ferry